Welcome

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

King's Island

Wow, I can't believe it's July already! Where has this year gone?

Last weekend was great. Aurea went to visit her dad and my mom and got to attend a weekend dance camp. She and my niece had a ball at the camp and can't seem to stop talking about it. Adam and I went to King's Island. The two hour drive there wasn't so bad since we left early in the morning, but the drive home was annoying since we were exhausted and our feet hurt. It was so much fun though.

I think the best part of King's Island was Boomerang Bay (the water park). We went down almost every water slide or ride they had and got a great suntan in the process. My shoulders even got a little sunburned, but it was worth it. UK had a special day there with a picnic for students/faculty/staff/alumni with reduced price admission to the park. The food was great. I am afraid of heights so I'm not big on roller coasters. Adam did get me to ride Vortex, but I could not do Diamondback. Sorry, just couldn't! The Drop Zone was the only ride he went on without me. We did so much though. We left our house at 8 am and got home around 11:15 pm. I was in bed by 11:40!

Aurea is enjoying her new summer babysitter and getting to swim everyday. Unfortunately, she's been asking for a puppy and last night she asked for a baby brother or sister! That is NOT happening, guess it's time for a trip to the Humane Society.

Hope everyone is having a great summer!

No comments: