Welcome

Monday, July 20, 2009

An Awesome Weekend

This weekend was wonderful. It has been a really long time since I was honestly able to say something like that. I'm so happy things are finally starting to look up for me. After everything that has happened in the last few months, I'm glad to have good news for a change.

It's official, my book is published! I found out last night. Since Outskirts Press is a cross between traditional and self-publishing, the book is not on shelves anywhere. However, it is on barnesandnoble.com and amazon.com. The title is "Multiple Sclerosis: The Many Faces of the Disease." It is the story of my Aunt Suzanne and her battle with MS. The author is listed as Kathy Reed. Please do not think you are in the wrong place, Reed is my maiden name. As soon as I receive my printed copies in the mail, I can take them and actually pitch the book to local stores. Hopefully, my book will be on actually shelves soon. Regardless, it is available on the World Wide Web. I met a lifelong goal and I'm thrilled!

I bought a car on Saturday. I spent most of the afternoon at the dealership, but I drove away in a 2008 Pontiac G6 GT. Thanks to a wonderful friend and employee of the dealership, I got a nice discount and I tried in my old Daewoo. I got a great deal on the car and I'm very excited about it. I'm having fun just driving around now. Unfortunately, I am stuck at work right now, but this afternoon will be nice.

Saturday night I took my daughter to the Bluegrass Fair. I was really impressed with her. I paid for her to ride the rides. However, she is usually scared of anything tall or fast, so I did not expect her to ride many of them. She did though. She even did Ring of Fire, a ring roller coaster that goes upside down. She didn't like it and swears she will never do it again, but she braved it for the one ride anyway. That's not bad for a 7-year-old! She had so much fun that I had a hard time getting her to leave.

The kids both had wellness checkups on Friday afternoon. Aurea is 4'10" and Adam is
5'2". They will both be passing me up in no time! They both received clean bills of health. Yeah, that is always good news to the ears of a parent.

All in all, things went great this weekend and I'm just hoping this week is just as great and productive. I hope everyone else has a great week!

No comments: