Welcome

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 4th of July

I am excited that a long weekend and the Fourth of July are almost here. It doesn't seem possible, but I am looking forward to it nonetheless. I am going to a cookout both tomorrow and Saturday night with friends. Saturday will also include fireworks and meeting new people. My friend invited me to her house. I won't know anyone there except her, but I guess it's about time I met some new people and get to socialize a little. I feel like I've been living in a bubble this past year. I think part of my new socialization is due to being single. Part of it is also due to simply living here long enough to finally start meeting people. I have probably met more people and been more socialable in the last three months than I have been in a very long time.

The kids are having a great summer and can't wait for fireworks this weekend either. Aurea has been creating an ongoing wishlist of things she "just has to have." I don't believe a 7-year-old needs a new computer and the dsi is slightly expensive, along with the huge trampoline and several other items she rattled off. I am considering the dog, but I just don't know yet if I'm ready to take on another pet right now. Then, a couple of nights ago, she asked for a baby brother or sister! After I explained that was not going to happen, I started thinking a trip to the Humane Society didn't sound so bad. I'm still debating on the dog, the baby is seriously out of the question!

I love that Aurea is still young and able to fantasize and not fully grasp certain aspects of life. It shows innocence, but it can also be frustrating at times. That makes me glad Adam is old enough to understand babies don't come from storks or from simply wanting one to appear. He also understands more about life. It's amazing to see the difference six years age difference truly makes. They are truly miraculous and I learn something new from them constantly.

Anyway, one hour until my three day weekend - I'm ready! I hope everyone has a safe and happy Fourth of July!

No comments: