Welcome

Monday, July 27, 2009

It's almost August!

I received my author copies of my book! I'm really excited. Now I get to pitch it to stores in hopes they will agree to place it on shelves. Right now, it is only being run as print-on demand. While this is great and cost effective, I'm hoping to actually see it sitting on shelves in bookstores. I have one store buyer who has agreed to review it and then let me know whether or not they will carry it. I will not name any names yet, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. In the meantime, it is available at: www.outskirtspress.com/multiplesclerosis.

Life is starting to become hectic once again. I have a very busy week this week. My daughter's back-to-school bash is next week and then they start school on Aug. 12. I can't believe school is only two weeks away! That just does not even seem possible. I'm sure life will be extremely busy once school starts. I guess that's all part of the fun though.

I'm still trying to adjust to being single. It's only been four months, but it feels much longer. I do not have a problem with single part - I actually enjoy being able to come and go as I please and work my schedule around myself and the kids. It's also nice to have time just for myself. The problem is that this can be very lonely, especially at night when the kids are in bed and I'm awake and alone. I'm adapting and taking it one day at a time, but some days are easier than others.

No comments: