Welcome

Thursday, June 18, 2009

This is not June as I know it

This summer has been very strange. All it seems to do anymore is rain, the only upside to all of the rain is the appreciation I feel when the sun is actually out and shining brightly. Wednesday night, my hometown got hit with three tornadoes. My dad and uncle run a dairy farm and lost two cows and a calf in the storms. Several trees and fences were uprooted and thrown. The kiddie wading pool (full of water)in the backyard was lifted over the house and dropped into the front yard (still full of water). My dad says the family farm looks like a warzone, that is awful! I'm just grateful nobody was injured in all of the damage. The electricity was out for a few hours though. Seriously, this feels more like March than June!

Aurea got stung by a bee the other day while playing at the babysitter's house. Apparently, a piece of moistened tobacco and a penny applied to the sting eliminate swelling and reduce pain from a bee sting. I never knew that!

Everything else is going okay here. We are just staying very busy. I took the kids to Red Robin Monday night for dinner. I had never been there before. They have the best burgers and bottomless fries, I really recommend going if you get the chance.

The kids are now gone to visit family members for a few days and I am home alone until they return (probably Monday). I really don't know what I'm going to do for four days with no children! I will miss them, but I know they are having fun.

Next weekend, Adam and I are going to King's Island, so that should liven up the summer a little. I managed to get concert tickets to the Jonas Brothers in August and Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana in November for Aurea. My kids should be happy, instead they are bored! Go figure!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It has been raining a ton here too!! What is up with the weather? Glad everybody is okay.

Good luck in your race