Welcome

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Wonderful Weekend

Not only did I survive the weekend with my parents, but I actually had a wonderful time. We arrived late Friday night, in time to eat, talk for a few minutes, and get ready for bed. Saturday was a full day though. I talked to several friends on the phone. Then, I went to help my sister. My niece's 2nd birthday party was at a place called Extreme Gymnastics. The kids had a blast swinging from hopes, jumping on trampolines, and doing all of the fun and dangerous things to be found a gymnastics/birthday center. That afternoon I also went to run errands and ran into several old friends.

Saturday night was my dad's surprise 60th birthday party. His birthday isn't actually until tomorrow, but we didn't want to do it mid-week and this weekend is Thanksgiving weekend! Anyway, I had a date and we went to the party. Probably not the best idea to have your first date at a family party with a bunch of drunks and seemingly crazy people around! lol! Seriously though, I had a blast and so did Shawn. He keeps thanking me for showing him a great time, awww! Everyone listened to music, played pool, threw darts, and sat around talking all night, it was great!

While we were at the party, the kids were at my mom's with the 15-year-old babysitter, Morgan. Adam said, "Tell her she's here for Aurea, I don't need a babysitter. She's only 3 years older than me....is she hot?!" OMG the life of a pre-teen.... No she's not hot she's the babysitter! Whether or not he decided she was hot, they had a great time. Morgan played on myspace with him and they watched a movie and then she took Aurea downstairs to play while Adam watched TV.

Sunday I lounged around and basically did nothing all morning. We left early afternoon so we could get home before dark and get some things done around the house. Of course as my luck goes, I got pulled over on Bluegrass Parkway! Thankfully, the sheriff was really nice and did not give me a ticket! Yeah, maybe my luck is getting better........

Adam is finally ungrounded. Last night was the Premier Jewelry party. Tonight is Girl Scouts meeting. Tomorrow we go back to Glasgow for Thanksgiving on Thurs. Can we say busy?! But it's really been fun, I needed that. I guess that's it for now, if I don't get to post tomorrow, I wish everyone a safe and Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Sounds like a great (and exhausting) time. Isn't it wonderful when things turn out so much better than expected?

onthegomom said...

Sounds like you had a great time, and a date to boot!

Hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!