Welcome

Friday, November 9, 2007

Mommy, Can I go to bed now?

I think I have the only five-year-old in the world who actually comes in the room and says, "Mommy, Can I go to bed now?" Of course you may honey, if you're sleepy. Yeah right, like I'm actually going to tell her no! It's amazing, my son always wanted to sleep with me at that age. Even at 12, he no longer wants in my bed, but he doesn't want to go to bed at all either. I have to make him go to sleep. Not Aurea. Ever since she's been old enough to walk, she has gone to bed on her own. I remember once when she was two or three (I was still with her dad then), her dad and I had friends over playing cards in the kitchen. Aurea walked in and grabbed my hand without saying a word and walked us to her bed! We did go through about six months of not wanting to go to bed, but it was right after we moved, so I think it was more of a security issue. Anyway, the other night I was on the computer and she uttered these words. I just looked at her and she said, "I'm sleepy." I sent her up and promised to follow for story/tucking in time. It was so sweet. She doesn't do this every night, but even the nights I say "bedtime" loudly she does not argue, she goes and lies down until I come to tuck her in. Awww! Works for me!

The 12-year-old, on the other hand, is a night owl. He wants to stay up late and then sleep in. This is of course when he sleeps, I remember a recent slumber party where there was no slumber involved! Of course, being a boy and almost teenager, he didn't calll it a slumber party -- but that's what it was!

Anyhow, his Pocket Rocket finally arrived (FYI: If walmart.com says something will arrive in 7-10 business days, expect 11-12)! It came in Wed. even though his birthday was Halloween! Hey I drove around five counties looking for this thing before finally giving up and ordering it online! He was so excited that he had it out of the box and fully assembled and charging before I could finish cooking dinner! I was impressed! Not to mention, I didn't have to assemble a thing. lol

Well, his birthday is over and Thanksgiving is almost here, so that means...My daughter's birthday is next! Poor thing, three weeks before Christmas is hard. I try not to tie it in too much with Christmas, but I'm always broke around her birthday, it's hard. Of course, then comes Christmas....I'm ready to have summer back!!

3 comments:

onthegomom said...

I am a night owl and my two oldest boys are night owls, but my daughter goes to bed when she is tired and goes right to sleep. Gotta love them! :)

http://momoftheyear-not.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I love when my kids want to go to bed. It makes me feel like I am a good Mom. Like I have taught that to them or something. =) Have a good day!!
Christina

Unknown said...

I tried to post the other day but it never showed up? Anyway, I love when my kids do this it maked me feel like a good Mom. Like I taught them that or something. =)

I tagged you for a game so now it is your turn!!

Christina