Welcome

Monday, October 29, 2007

The Phone Syndrome

I'm calling it the phone syndrome. Yesterday I'm sitting around the house and it's nice and peaceful. Adam is outside playing ball with friends and Aurea is up in her room playing quietly. I decide to pick up the phone and call my mom for a little chat, here comes Adam, Drew, and Devon running in chattering then Aurea comes downstairs and decides she needs attention and wants to talk my ear off. Later on, I get a phone call, Aurea is hungry, thirsty, and sleepy all at once as soon as I start talking. What is it about the phone that suddenly makes kids need attention? I call it the phone syndrome. Ok maybe receiving a call where they hear the phone ring would grab attention, but they do it when I'm making the calls too! I just don't get it....Anyway, both phone calls ended up going well despite the interruptions.

Tonight is the football banquet, this should be interesting. Pot luck banquet at that, guess I better come up with a side dish really fast! Hopefully, girl scouts is tomorrow if we have our room yet.

4 comments:

onthegomom said...

It is some mystical force that connects children's brains to the satellite rays that the phones are connected to. I swear, it's universal and it occurs with children of ALL AGES!!

http://momoftheyear-not.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I am so glad other kids do this, I was beginning to think my kids do it just to annoy me.

www.momtomy5.blogspot.com

Christina

Kati said...

It happens to me too! I guess it is just another one of those great things we have to deal with as mommy....I also NEVER get a private shower/bath/bathroom break. Whenever they realize I am doing any of those things...all 3 little faces are RIGHT THERE!

Kati

((love your blog! Thanks for leaving me comments!))
priceisrightfamily.blogspot.com

Lucille said...

There must be some sort of transmitter in them! It is UNIVERSAL!

Thanks for stopping by my blog - I've bookmarked you as well. I LOVE YOUR blog name by the way.

Keep up the good work!

Lucille
http://whosgoingtotellyou.blogspot.com/