Welcome

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Funny things my daughter says

Me: Come on we have to go to the store to pick up a few things. Her: Mommy, can I please stay home by myself? I'll be good and not make a mess! Me: No honey, you're too young to stay home alone. Her: You always have to be older to do everything! Me: I'm sorry honey, but don't wish your life away. Her: Well, I just want to get 16 and then stop. I don't want to be an adult and pay bills and stuff!!

In a recent school unit, they studied about Rosa Parks and Aurea discovered Rosa was born in 1913. She informed the teacher that she had a Granny who was born in 1913, but she died in 2009. The teacher later asked me if she was right - and she was! Then Aurea asked if Granny knew Rosa Parks! LOL I seriously doubt that!!

Her: Mommy, how old is Debbie? Me: Debbie who? I don't know a Debbie. Her: You know, little Debbie - from the snack cakes. Me (looking bewildered): I have no idea. After some internet research, apparently Debbie is Debbie McKee-Fowler who was 4-years-old in 1960 when her face became the Little Debbie logo. Therefore, she would now be about 50 (or 51 depending on her birthday - I couldn't find that).

My daughter has asked about many other things that seemingly came out of nowhere or made me wonder where in the world she comes up with this stuff! I can't think of them all right now, but I know there are many.

No comments: