Welcome

Monday, April 26, 2010

RIP Granny: December 31, 1913 - April 26, 2009

It has been one year ago today since the Lord decided to call my Granny home. I truly believe she went back to be with her husband, my papa, in heaven. They were married for 60 years! That is a long time to be married, I am so proud to be able to say that, especially in this day and age! When he died in 2001, we thought for sure she would be right behind him. Luckily, we were able to have her here on Earth for 8 more years. I am particularly grateful because I was pregnant with Aurea when papa died, so he never got to meet her. Granny got to know her for the first few years of her life anyway. My son still remembers both of them well. He loved Granny, but he was closer to papa. Growing up on a farm, my papa would take my son, Adam, riding on the tractor and doing all kinds of things around the farm. To this day, Adam is more about 4-wheelers and dirt bikes than anything else. Granny Gladys was 95-years-old and lived a good, long life. It was certainly her time to go and I'm glad she went peacefully. Unfortunately, I still miss her. I only have one grandparent still living, but I was fortunate to have the other three until 2001, 2005, and 2009 respectively. I cherish the time left with my grandma and the fact that my son got to meet all four of his great-grandparents (at least on my side) and my daughter got to meet three of her four great-grandparents on my side, that is so rare. Even though it hurts that she is gone, I will try to simply cherish her memory for the rest of the day and be grateful for the time we had together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very interesting topic